Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Custard + Itailian Ice = Rita's..DUHH:)

    

   A couple weeks ago I went to Rida's. It is located on Irby Street in Florence, SC. This was the first time I have been to Rita's, and when I moved to Florence it was actually the first time I ever saw a Rita's. I was really curious what italian ice and custard would taste like together so I had to try it out. When I walked in I first noticed the loud employee, then the menu, and lastly I got to taste my treat!     
        As soon as my friends and I entered the shop the dark, tall, bald man shouts "welcome to Rita's". This man was extremely friendly, and seemed overly exctied that we have arrived. He first asked us if we ever been to Rita's, my friends were like "yes", and I was like "no". Because of my response he started scooping different flavors of itailian ice on a tiny spoon so we could do some taste testing. The flavors were great, and it was hard to narrow it down to one flavor, especially when there were so many menu items to choose from.
     The menu had things such as itailian ice, cream ice, Misto shakes, Blendini's, frozen custard, Gelati's, and Slenderita's. I knew what some of the items were, but others I was clueless. I have never heard the words Blendini or Gelati until I visited Rita's. The Blendini is just itailian ice and custard mixed together, and the Gelati is itailian ice and custard stacked on top of one another. I got a Gelati and it was fantasitic.
      When I made my decision to get a Gelati the employee said firmly, "good choice", and seemed a little excited for me. I picked strawberry-banana flavored itailian ice, and vanilia flavored custard. At the bottom of the cup he put itailian ice, and then vanilla custard, and then more itailian ice, and then topped it off with more vanilla custard it a cute spiral that resembled whip cream. When I finally got my Gelati and tasted my first spoon full I realized this is way better than regular ice cream. It had a good combination of fruity and milky flavor. The italian ice was not crunchy either, it was more slushy; and the custard was really creamy. So over all it was delicious!
      Rita's was a great place to get a treat, and I will probably visit again! The workers are friendly, the menu has a big variety, and every flavor is delicious. I could never go wrong with picking Rita's. Rita's slogan definitely fits its standard: Ice-Custard-Happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment